Hiring Center: Create a Sales Job Description
Job Descriptions offer potential candidates a window into your organization. If the job description is well-written, it can actually encourage applicants to apply for a position. If it is written poorly, you may be losing out on some great talent.
Job Descriptions provide candidates a look at your organization and its managerial skills. Candidates want to know what it will take for them to be successful in the job. A clearly written job description will answer their questions and spark new ones during the interview process.
Listed below is an example job description.
The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this job. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of associates so classified.
Responsible for sales of ______________ to ___________________. Works to assure a successful sales process and integration of all products into targeted accounts. Reports directly to ______________.
- Conduct product demonstrations/evaluations.
- Utilizing the complete sales process, meet all sales quotas assigned, while staying within the pre-determined budget.
- Work closely with Regional Manager, Global Training Manager, and Marketing to report customer feedback.
- Work trade shows and develop leads.
- Effectively grow and manage assigned region through relationship selling, diagnosing needs, forecasting trends, continuous account profiling and contract management.
- Follow up on prospects and qualify leads as directed.
- Initiate and close contract proposals in compliance with set guidelines.
- Responsible for account maintenance issues within region, including credit, pricing, account set-up, customer reports and product demand requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS preferred
- 2+ years experience in sales and sales management required
- Additional experience in sales training or marketing a plus
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- None required
- Domestic travel, up to 50% is required.