Global Edge Recruiting
Job Title: Product Manager, Sutures Surgical Products
Salary: USD $120000 / Year
Our client is a manufacturer of surgical disposable products, specifically specializing in the suture product line. In this role, the product manager will establish, enhance, and distinguish the company’s product placement within the competitive arena. This role acts as a liaison between the customer/market and the manufacturer for all design activities.
Base salary: $120,000 plus bonus
Location: United States
Company is located near Raleigh, NC. However, candidate may reside anywhere within United States. Travel to company office will be required.
- Must have product manager experience in sutures, staples or surgical product lines.
- Coordinates with sales staff to identify customers with possible customized needs, drive activities to create demand for assigned products.
- Works with technical staff, including medical advisory board, to confirm specifications for products.
- Evaluates new product potential by:
- Researching and analyzing the existing market and the products being marketed by potential clients and products being manufactured by competing companies;
- Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential markets;
- Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential needs.
- Leads the marketing development effort to bring new products from concept through commercialization including market exit.
- Prepares and writes brochures and sales materials.
- Develops and executes competitive strategies based on thorough competitive intelligence and market analysis.
- Provides market intelligence and market research, feedback from the field on product launches, acceptance, and market conditions.
- Analyzes supply and demand and prepares a variety of sales and marketing forecasts
Additional information upon request
Responsibilities: • Manages product(s) throughout the Product Lifecycle (PLC) including voice of the customer, marketing business plan, design team leadership, product definition, pricing, forecasting, product launch, enhancements and product phase-outs as necessary.
Education Requirements: B.S. or B.A. preferred in marketing, business, health/biological/clinical science. Equivalent clinical qualifications may be considered.
Experience Requirements: Minimum of 5 years demonstrated product management experience in the medical device marketplace. A minimum of 3 years marketing experience with additional experience in medical device marketplace may be considered. Product management/marketing/medical device experience should be relevant to product/product line.
Desired Skills: marketing, product management
Qualifications: • Ability to gather customer and market requirements into an actionable product plan • Strong product strategy, product planning and market analysis skills • Self-motivated and driven; works independently with minimal supervision • Able to handle high profile situations and projects simultaneously • Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate product vision and business value
Travel/Sales Territory: 50%
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401(k),
Incentives: Bonus potential
Date Posted: 2018-01-08
Valid Through: 2018-03-31
Global Edge Recruiting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Global Edge Recruiting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.